Jaime Valero Perandones
The FiKVA Foundation is delighted to announce that we will be hosting a painting workshop with the talented and charismatic Spanish painter Jaime Valero in one of the most inspiring cities of Europe – sweet, charming Ghent, Belgium! Come and join us! Learn from the best!
All you need to know about the workshop
This workshop is designed for a small group of students (maximum 15 participants) and is open to all skill levels – everybody’s welcome!
The participation fee is 750€.
Where we’ll meet
Zelda & Zorro
Kompasplein 18, Ghent
The workshop will take place in the historic town of Ghent, one of the famous Flemish art-cities. You might be tempted to extend your stay to take in the many sights of the city or add a day trip to Bruges, Brussels or Antwerp…
The workshop site is “Zelda & Zorro”, a beautiful, light and airy venue near the waterfront of the city’s harbour-district, a hip and upcoming neighbourhood. It’s a lovely working space with a relaxed and homey atmosphere a 15 minutes walk from the historical city centre and 10 minutes from the Dampoort Train Station.
What we’ll learn
Jaime will demonstrate and explain his approach to a realistic portrait, based on a photographic image. During the workshop he will guide us through the whole process:
– choosing the right image
– choosing the right support
– different materials
– mixing colors
– his techniques
– finishing touches
– glazing layers
Jaime will perform live demonstrations in oil and offer one-on-one tuition.
What is included
– 3 1/2 days of learning experience: painting classes, individual tuition and demonstrations by Jaime Valero (Classes start on Tuesday afternoon, through Wednesday, Thursday & Friday)
– Spacious art studio with lots of natural light
– All materials: oil paints, solvents, hardboard, glazing and painting mediums, cleaning materials (you are still welcome to bring your own paint if you prefer)
– Painting easel & pallet
– Table to lay on your materials
– Homemade lemonade, water, coffee, tea & biscuits throughout the day
– Healthy lunch buffet (during the three full days of workshop) – bread, cheese, soup, salad…
– Access to a private WhatsApp group with Jaime Valero and the other workshop participants several weeks before the workshop
– Networking possibilities
What is not included
– Your airfare, airport transfers and accommodation
– Participants are responsible for their own travel insurance
– Brushes (you can either bring your own brushes or order the same set, which Jaime uses in his studio for about €50 extra)
– Private touristic excursions, dinner and breakfast
Need more information?
If you have any questions or need extra information about the workshop – please, shoot us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to subscribe?
As this is a small group event, to subscribe – just fill in the form below, tell us your name, where you will be traveling from and that you are interested in the workshop. We will provide you with the full description of the workshop and send you payment details.
Masterclasses, Workshops and AiR-Programs at Moulin Bas
There is nothing like spending some time at Moulin Bas – improving your technique, learning something new, making friends or wandering off the map …
For quite some time we were enjoying the homey and romantic feel of Moulin Bas, as our private safe place for little escapes, relaxation, reflection and recharging walks & talks – but soon we realised, Moulin Bas is a place to share and started working with the owners on a possible art-program for other artists.
Moulin Bas is a unique concept. Situated in Châteauvillain, the heart of Champagne-Ardennes (France), it is a gorgeous ancient building, with unique architecture, charming and inspiring surrounding and well-preserved soul. It is not a hotel – you can’t just visit as a tourist, it is a private domain – it is visiting family.
As you can guess from its name (in French Moulin Bas means the Lower mill), it is a watermill, situated at the lower part of the Aujon river. It has a unique architecture: the entire house is a well-preserved machinery, which the owners Dino & Ditmar try to restore to its old glory with lots of love and attention for detail. The Aujon river passes through the house literally, and brings working flow and freshness on a summer day. There is a wonderful little rose garden surrounded by Moulin Bas’ walls and the river where you can work, relax and enjoy each other’s company. In the attics we have opened large space for demonstrations, masterclasses and group gatherings. As the owners are very art minded, we also organise small art exhibits for the local community from time to time.